Friday, February 19, 2016

Cafe Talk: Tweaking Your Winter Routine

 I was sitting  with my dear friend Laura on one of the overstuffed couches in our favorite coffeehouse. We've been loyal friends for many years,  she is my age, 50  something, with sparkling brown eyes, very light skin, and her hair is always pulled back in her signature ponytail.
Its always good to get together with her,  we easily fall into girl talk over Greek salads - her amazing grape harvest, my creating a Japanese garden in the desert,and both of our ideas on remodeling our bathrooms. As she continues on about claw foot bathtubs, I notice her skin really looks good. Actually, her skin looks exceptional with a warmth and radiance I seldom see in the high desert country. No longer interested in room designs, I ask, "what little secret have you found for this amazing look". She laughs and says, " I threw a few thing together for winter."


Here's what you should know about Laura. She is a natural at throwing a few things together,  creating original and unique within minutes. Once, when I gave her a bowl of Japanese cedar bark shavings, she immediately added a spring of pine for a auto freshener, rose petals for linens, and hibiscus flowers for a herbal bath pouch.  I thought for a moment, "ok" I said, "but I want the details: One, I have know to what few things you threw together. And two, I want to know how and when you use them. 
Laughing again, "Of course, she says, "it's actually a simple and easy routine."So, here is Laura's "simple and easy routine. " (see below)

One my way home from the coffeehouse that afternoon, I really thought about this simple tweak Laura found for her routine, and again, how great her skin looks. I did a mental checklist of the ingredients, they will blend beautifully for a deep moisturizer, I thought, and it was so obvious that  it has really worked for her. I was a little surprised at the simplicity of it all, the lavender emulsion blended with rosehip oil makes an exceptional ultra moisturizer and the rose hydrosol seals it in. I'm about half way home, the landscape changes from pinon forest to the San Agustin plain. As I drive across this spectacular landscape - empty, silent and forever brown - I thank Laura for her friendship, and her formula. Then hit the gas petal for home, can't wait to share it

Laura's winter tip *

​ingredients - lavender relaxing emulsion face and body lotion,  organic rose hydrosol - (single botanical),​ organic rosehip seed oil

 when to use - a night time moisturizer to apply after your cleansing routine before going to bed, you could easily alternate this with your rose pomegranate night serum

 how to use - pump a quarter size of lotion into your palm -add about a half a teaspoon of rosehip seed oil to lotion, blend with your finger
apply to clean, slightly moist face and massage deeply into skin, about 30 seconds, 
spray or splash your face with rose hydrosol and massage your face again while still moist with the hydrosol let air dry, wipe your face in the morning with a warm, moist cloth

For more about these ingredients and how to get them, just contact us at https://www.genbotanicals.com/contact.html